Sweet find in my band's mic case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Feb 21, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I joined a new band about two months ago, and I started rummaging through the gear at our practice space after a few rehearsals. I've been meaning to post this story but kept forgetting.

While I was sifting, I came across a beat up mic case that was near the back.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Oh, that was a pretty sweet deal. We bought it off of a sound guy we used to play with - we just wanted to buy the case and the guy said we could have what was inside with it. I think we paid a hundred bucks for it."

$100.

I pop it open and there's several old mic cables, ok. A few 1/4"ers, cool...

Then I find several two SM58's and two SM57's.

"Were these in here when you bought it?"

"Yup."

Cool! Pretty sweet score for $100

Holy cow! An Imp Whirlwind! "This is a helluva deal for $100," I mumbled to myself.

Keep digging and I find...

Not ONE but TWO Countryman DI's! I started flipping out and they didn't understand it! TWO!

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I don't know what those are, but I guess they must be sweet. Our singer used to keep his "stash" in the mic case. I was half expecting you to say you found something like that ;)

3. Offer to buy them off of them for $10, if they work :)

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    They're hella-sweet DI's that are pretty highly regarded for bass work. I've used them before, and I really like them. I've read a lot of interviews with studio players who use the Countryman on their session.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll take one ;)

6. I'll take the other :rolleyes:

7. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    Can you say "SCORE!"

Two 58's- $0