Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sweet find in my band's mic case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Feb 21, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I joined a new band about two months ago, and I started rummaging through the gear at our practice space after a few rehearsals. I've been meaning to post this story but kept forgetting.

While I was sifting, I came across a beat up mic case that was near the back.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Oh, that was a pretty sweet deal. We bought it off of a sound guy we used to play with - we just wanted to buy the case and the guy said we could have what was inside with it. I think we paid a hundred bucks for it."

$100.

I pop it open and there's several old mic cables, ok. A few 1/4"ers, cool...

Then I find several two SM58's and two SM57's.

"Were these in here when you bought it?"

"Yup."

Cool! Pretty sweet score for $100

Holy cow! An Imp Whirlwind! "This is a helluva deal for $100," I mumbled to myself.

Keep digging and I find...

Not ONE but TWO Countryman DI's! I started flipping out and they didn't understand it! TWO!

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I don't know what those are, but I guess they must be sweet. Our singer used to keep his "stash" in the mic case. I was half expecting you to say you found something like that ;)

3. Offer to buy them off of them for $10, if they work :)

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    They're hella-sweet DI's that are pretty highly regarded for bass work. I've used them before, and I really like them. I've read a lot of interviews with studio players who use the Countryman on their session.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll take one ;)

6. I'll take the other :rolleyes:

7. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    Can you say "SCORE!"

Two 58's- $0