Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sweet! Got another new toy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Cool! I'm looking at DSLRs right now - I want a Nikon D2h, but will probably have to settle for a D100 or even a D70. Canon did a wonderful thing when they released the 300D - they're forcing prices down!

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Yup, a wonderful action from them!

I considered the D70, but since it will be more expensive and won´t be out until march-april and doesn´t have THAT much more features, I just decided to get the 300D. It has everything to keep me happy! :)

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Did you already have Canon lenses? I have a boatload of MF AI and AI-S Nikkors, so the D2h makes a lot of sense to me. I could be very happy with my existing (beloved) manual focus lenses on a killer digital body!

Sure, it's a $3K body (and that will fall quickly, once the new Canon 1D MkII hits the street), but I wouldn't have to spend at least $1000 up front on lenses to get operational. Then, I could buy AF glass on an as needed basis.

Have fun with the new toy, and be sure to post some pics!

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Nah, I´m just starting in the dslr world. I got the kit lens (18-55mm) and now next project is to buy a larger zoom lense and the 420ex speedlite flash.