Sweet Irony!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Deception, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Deception

Feb 9, 2006
    So today a buddy of mine at work buys a box of hockey cards looking for a Sydney Crosby rookie. As we are opening the packs, he tells me if he doesnt get one he will buy another box, a few packs later he tells me maybe he'll just buy like 8 more packs.

I want him to buy another box and tell him, "you know crosby is in the next box, if you dont buy it, sombody else will get it."

So we go back to the shop. Joe Daleys, 666 St.James, and he decideds against a box but buys the last 8 packs in the current box Joe has. Darcy starts opening the packs looking for a crosby as Joe gets another box, he opens the box and prepares it to seel the packs.

Im thinking tio myself, what the hell lets buy a few packs. I pick out 3 packs and buy them. As im opening my last pack darcy is watching, im shuffling through them and ther it is the crosby rookie. I laugh at Darcy and said i ****ing told ya so. lol He is just is disbelief, it was just so sweet!'

I've been searching for this card to, since i love the penguins. Also did i mention the card rigth now is worth 250?
  2. 250 you say? That good buy you a decent DI...or 2 pedals...or or or...A WISHBASS!!!:D
  3. Makes me wonder whatever happened to that Nolan Ryan rookie misprint I had where the photo was backwards.

Rock on
  4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    jeez, that thing must be worth a bunch! Wait, do baseball cards work like stamps in that sense?
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a Jose Theodore rookie car with a misprint on it. Too bad he started sucking.
  7. Deception

Feb 9, 2006

Sports cards are my other passion, its not being sold. Though i have a braylon edwards rookie card, patch, jersey and numbered out of 25 thast i want to sellits worth at least 500
  8. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Braylon Edwards rookie card?! Hold on to that, that is gonna be worth big money when Randy Moss retires and Braylon becomes the next greatest wide receiver in the NFL... mark my words!

9. Oh yeah.

I didn't have anything worthwhile in my baseball card collection as a kid. Alas.