Sweet: Just ordered a new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nickalan620, Dec 10, 2004.

1. I just ordered (actually mom did it since I dont have credit card, i just gave her the money) my first reall bass and only my second bass ( from bass central is case you wanted to know). It is a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub. It is black with a maple fretboard. I intend on putting fender flats on it after the stock strings die out. I am stoked and I have not even got it yet. I was going to get an American Fender P-Bass until I learned about the Glaub from you guys. Thanks Guys. :D Anyways here's a pic:

2. congrats dude. looks purty
  3. Hey congratulations man, looks sweet :D
  4. chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    That was a very good decision ! They are very well made basses and the people at Lakland stand behind their products. I've been resisting the urge to buying one myself..but Christmas bills,ya know ? :meh:
  5. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Congrats! The guys at Bass Central are just wonderful. They really try to go out of their way to make you feel important, even though they are so busy. I just ordered my second bass from them this week.
  6. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Very nice! I'd love to get a Glaub someday... If they made a 5-string version, I'd be all over it. ;)
  7. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Congrat Bro. That Bass Looks Sweet.... I want a bass with a maple neck so bad I can taste the wood.
  8. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    thats a nice lookin' p bass. bet it sounds real nice too.
  9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Excellent choice! You really can't go wrong with a Skyline. I've owned two and they are everything you've heard and more. Enjoy! :D
  10. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Congratulations on your choice. I have a Lakland Bob Glaub as well, and there are many times I question why I would ever need another bass. Play it as much as you and your mom can stand it.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very nice bass. Be sure to let us know what you think as soon as it comes. How much did it cost? I tihnk BC sells them for $875 usually.
  12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool: I own a Gluab 4-string.
    Would kill for a Glaub 5. Come on Dan?????