1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sweet lord.... Peavey G Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Apr 8, 2006.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I picked one of these up at guitar center today after hearing things like "its the poorman's flea bass". I looked it over and saw that it was used. Used indeed.... someone had painted on the fret markers and control knobs. :scowl: :rollno:

Anyway, despite the visual aspects, this bass played wonderfully. It could've used a new set of strings, the E was quite weak. But overally, I really like how it played and sounded. It was overpriced, of course, at $450. I've seen some in much better condition go for a lot less. Anyway, just my $.02 on the G Bass. :hyper:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah they look nice, can be had used for $300 often.

3. Soulfinger

Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    It's a very cool and unique sounding bass---I can't think of another instrument that sounds quite like it. I wouldn't say it does a "flea sound" though---the pup is too far from the bridge. To my ears, the closest thing I could equate the tone to would be an active p-bass with piezo's.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There was one of these at a local pawn shop a couple years ago, it wasn't in the best shape, but it was decent. They only wanted $200 for it, and were willing to deal. But I was broke at the time.:(

5. man, we are so ripped off over here, i saw one a few years ago brand new it was $2250

6. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    australia needs to find itself some guitar builders that aren't like gecko guitars ($842382824643664463556 dollars)

me, i think i'll be going canadian soon. dingwall all the way.

7. actually australia has some nice builders, besides maton and cole clarke which im still waiting for them to release some basses, they are there just taking thier sweet time =...but check out www.belmanguitars.com