1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sweet MIM Fender Jazz Fretless 60th w/Audere JZ3 and mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Personatech, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD on eBay!

I've decided I'm not much of a fretless player so I'd like to move this one to free up some cash for other bass goodies (and there are a few on TB that have caught my eye!)

This is a very sweet 2006 MIM Fender Jazz Standard Fretless 60th Anniversary bass! This is probably the nicest MIM fretless I've ever played - the neck is "just right" and the bass's condition is superb. The 60th Anniversary mini-plaque is affixed to the back of the headstock. Mods include:
    • a set of American standard pickups installed by the original owner - I do not have the original MIM pickups,
    • an Audere JZ3 preamp installed by yours truly which really gives some great tonal variation and punch. The original control plate is included.
    • an aftermarket tort pickguard.
    The bass weighs just under 9.5 lbs., is currently strung with TI Jazz Rounds (I can swap D'Addario Chromes if you prefer) and will ship in its generic padded gigbag as seen in a couple of photos. I always well-pack my basses and ship fully insured. Condition of the bass is superb!

Asking price with the Audere is [DEL]$450[/DEL] $425 shipped CONUS, Paypal gladly accepted. Without the Audere, price is [DEL]$350[/DEL] $325 shipped CONUS. Sorry, but I will not pull the Audere and sell it separately until the bass is sold.

I'll also consider trades. Cash can be added (or will be expected) to balance trades when appropriate. Four-bangers only, please - I tried the fiver route and it just doesn't click for me. Also, I'm getting to be something of a geezer so I prefer my basses to be weighing no more than 9.5 lbs, thanks.

Basses I'd like to try:

• Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass (olympic white)
    I'm also interested in pedals as partial trade:
    • Sansamp Leeds
    • Catalinbread WIIO v2 or v3
    • Roland Space Echo, GigaDelay, or other nice analog delay
    • a nice analog vibe
    • EHX POG2
    • EHX Ravish

Now, I'll tease you with pics :D:

100_0465.
    100_0464.

100_0469. 100_0463.

883_0361.

2. Some folks have asked for photos with the tort guard on. The tort is off of who-knows-what so it doesn't fit exactly. One screw hole is way off and there's something of a gap between the guard and control plate. I've worked in community theater so I'm a believer in "the 30 foot rule" - everything looks great from 30 feet away!!

The white guard is stock and so it fits perfectly.

And now, the photos:

883_0348.

883_0349.

Here's the "off" screwhole; remember that all other screw holes are lined up fine. You'll also notice that the neck doesn't quite match the guard:
    883_0358.

883_0360.

3. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    Personatech,

Where did you get that pickguard? And what color is that?

Looks like some kind of Tort.

Thanks.

4. Yep, it's tort. Got it in a trade for a pearloid guard that I had so I don't know its origin. I like the looks of tort on black so it's on now, but if it's not for you I can reinstall the original white guard as shown in the first series of photos. Either way, you get both.

5. Bbydhyonchords

Bbydhyonchords

Jan 1, 2012
    Hello Personatech, I have a CV Precision in Fiesta Red that I might be willing to trade. Its got Rotosound Flats on it right now and plays great. How much cash you want along with the CV P?

6. Kano2864212

Kano2864212

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    any interest in a 60th MIM pbass with duncans?

7. JayisonTalkBass

JayisonTalkBass

Jan 13, 2012
    PM'ed.

8. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump for a cool bass. Also: Audere preamps rule.

9. Was anything done to harden the fingerboard? Have you noticed any divets from the roundwound strings?

10. As far as I know, the neck is stock, it certainly hasn't any epoxy or other hardening agent applied. That being said, it hasn't any roundwound divots. I took a couple of quick cell phone photos for you so you can see for yourself. The TI Jazz Rounds I have on it now have a very small outer wind so they feel smooth for a roundwound and do little to no damage to fingerboards. For much of the time I've owned it, it wore TI Jazz Flats. I can put a set of D'Addario Chromes on it if you prefer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Hey there: I looked at the audere website and think I understand the z switch, but what are the knob controls if you know - thanks

12. From neck to jack: VOL, Balance/Mid, Bass/Treble so it's a 3-band eq!

13. sturoc

sturoc

Dec 12, 2009
    E-Coyote .
    I wouldn't worry about the wear factor on this fretless. Having played fretless for decades, one would have to be playing every night for hours -7 -365- w/ Super Rotosounds to see any amount of wear into the fretboard.

So bump for a good bass/preamp setup.

14. Yeah, I'm thinking eBay... Please, don't make me do it!

I warned you - now on eBay!! :bag:

I'll pull the listing and honor the TB price until reserve is met.

15. peteybass

peteybass

Feb 26, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    PM

16. Replied. The price is reduced about as much as I can considering what shipping costs are these days. However, I can add some trade options to the list above. Here are some pedals I'd like to try:

• Sansamp Leeds
    • Catalinbread WIIO v2 or v3
    • Roland Space Echo, GigaDelay, or other nice analog delay
    • a nice analog vibe
    • EHX POG2
    • EHX Ravish

17. At this time we're in the last 12 hours of the auction so I can't pull it! TB sale suspended until auction results are known.

18. SOLD on da 'Bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.