Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sweet New, Ibanez EDA900 Ergodyne

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by CrazyTwoKnobs, Oct 10, 2003.

1. The nicest of the Ergodyne series, the EDA is higly sculpted and made of luthite, a composite material.
    Luthite: sounds weird out of your mouth, sounds awesome out an amp.

This is by far the most comfortable bass I've ever played.

The EDA series comes with two pickups: an active soapbar, and a fishman piezo system. (you'll find this exact piezo system and the exact same bridge system on the Parker Fly bass, for about $2,400) It also comes equipped with a mono-rail bridge system, meaning that each string has it's own bridge.

All original (even the strings), flawless.
    Pictures and more info available at:

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EDA900

It sounds really cool. $400

If nobody decides to buy this, i'll be forced to sell it on ebay, and I don't want to do that.

I'd prefer not to have to ship it, but if you want to pay for shipping costs, I'd oblige. I'm about 45 minutes west of Chicago, and I go into the city every day for school, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to meet somewhere for an exchange.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day.

2. Bump

3. If you'd like to hear what it sounds like, check out the mp3's on www.paulina-music.com The EDA is on all those songs; it was my only bass during recording.

4. and grind,

5. And bump, (note: new lower price)

6. and grind,

7. and bump, I've just been informed that the neck is acutally painted maple, and not luthite, which is quite comforting.

8. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    If only it was fretless. You might want to lower you price alittle. A new 4 string went for $295 and the orange 5 string went for 330 on e bay. They were new overstocks. Don't be mad, I'm just sayin. Good luck. Later Joe

9. excellent then, the price is now 300$

10. and grind, (you all realize that this will continue 'till it's sold........)

11. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    If the bass is truly in mint condition, comes in some kind of case and you'll do $300, including shipping, consider it sold!

Contact me!

12. Bass-only

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Fair enough!

Will this bass fit into most standard bass gig bags (or is it unusually long)?

Still interested.

Can you calculate shipping cost to 44102? I would have you send it to a business address, which may save a few dollars.

Thanks!

Bob

13. yes, it fits into gig bags, one of which i would include.

14. Lets say $25, because i'd like to send it with the "preferential handling" service, and i'd probably get some insurance too. Unless you want to pay for me to buy a box or something to put it in, i'll just tightly wrap it in bubble wrap (like a good half inch or more of the small bubble stuff), and then give it a thurough layer of packing tape on top of that, and THEN put it in the gig bag. If you were planning to buy a case for it, you could send it (the case) to me and I could send it back with the bass in it.

Thanks for the interest.

15. and bump????

16. and grind....

17. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    I just bought a used 5 string Cort luthite. Sorry. Why do you want to get rid of it so bad? I played one and liked it alot. I just liked the Cort a little better. Thanks Joe

18. I'd like to get rid of it for three reasons,

one: I have other basses, and only really need two.

Two: My other basses take care of the range of sounds I actually use. The EDA is more jazzy and smooth than I want, I'm looking for growly. It sounds like a nice yamaha, kinda.

Three: I need money to buy train tickets so I can commute to school.

19. Bass-only

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    Sent you a PM

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!