Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sweet skjold on the bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillytheBassist, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My goodness, I wish I had just a little more money, I'd buy that thing in a minute!

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I have to comment on how nice the Skjold basses are. I played two of Tom Bowlus' and they compare in every way to his Sadowsky, MTD, Ritter, and Fodera.

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hmm, suprised to see that for sale. The seller might do better contacting Pete about a buy back/consignment sale or exchange for new custom.

4. +1
    I have not played one of these korina fretless models, but hear they are EXTREMELY nice. Perhaps the seller could not the the hang of fretless. This is a great deal as the Reserve is already met.

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    If I had the cash it would be mine... no doubt

6. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I'm not sure about the bloodwood fingerboard though...

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    it sounds awesome. I actually like the bloodwood fretless as much or better than the ebony ones hehe.

8. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I'm sure it sounds great. It's just a strange color combination with that body wood; I don't think it works for me. Nice bass though. I'm getting more and more interested in Skjolds.

9. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's one hell of a steal for sure. First time seeing that pickup though, sure is one huge MM pup.

10. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    wow that is the prettiest skjold ive seen here

11. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I beleive that is a Skjold p/up .. not sure though??. I'm thinking of robbing the dollar store or something, lol! :help: just kidding. The bloodwood looks great IMO.

12. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    The pickup is my C-4 pickup . It has two of my SC-1 pickups in the same housing so you can take advantage of the sweetspot and use the selector knob for front , series , parallel , and back pickup configurations . The size also helps as a finger rest and can be adjusted to work alot like a ramp .

Who ever gets this will be a lucky so and so ;) It was a real player at the shop .

Pete

13. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Pete are your p/up's and electronic's only available with a Skjold bass or do you have those for sale?

14. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sweet looking bass for that kind of money. Wish it wasn't Christmas. I need a fretless for some work I'm doing early next year. Have to keep my eye on that one. Seems to good to be true at that price!!!

15. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    If there was only a buyout option.

16. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    They are only available on my basses .

Pete