1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sweetwater/Apogee making a bad situation good

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ryano, May 20, 2011.

1. ryano

ryano

Aug 20, 2007
    Boston Area
    I just had a pleasant customer service experience and thought I'd share.

I ordered an Apogee One from Sweetwater. It arrived and I ran it through its paces. Unfortunately the instrument input did not function (no input signal at all). Stuff happens, so I called Apogee tech support Weds at 9 pm eastern time. A real person with a pleasant attitude answered the phone before the second ring (wow). She asked who I wanted to talk to. I was a little confused since a real person answered the phone. I finally said tech support. Again, real person answered the phone before the second ring. In about 5 minutes we decided the unit was defective and I should call Sweetwater to resolve the issue in the quickest manner possible.

I'd been dealing with a specific sales engineer so I decided to send him an email. This was Weds night around 10 pm. I explained the issue and requested a unit be overnighted to me on Thursday (I aimed high but thought fat chance). I got an email from the sales engineer Thursday am around 9 am. He said he'd see what he could do and forwarded my email to the service dept. About 20 minutes later I got an email from a service tech saying a unit would be overnighted immediately. He said there would be an RMA form in the box so I could open the box and hand the delivery driver the defective unit and the RMA paper work. Not only did they overnight the unit, they specified before noon delivery. Unit showed up at 11:30 am Friday morning and she works like a champ.

Color me impressed.
    --ryano

2. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Sweetwater knows the power of:

1. Excellent Customer Service;
    2. People like you on the Internet.

Ours is not to take our anger out on others, but to help others do the right thing!

3. +1 on Sweetwater's customer service. My rep calls me randomly just to talk gear with me, even if I'm not buying / looking.

4. I am someone else that appreciates Sweetwater's way of doing business.

5. The first time I ordered anything through them I decided to pick it up rather than have it shipped, I figured they're only 40 minutes away and they had just finished constructing the new showroom and studios in ft. wayne and I wanted to snoop around a little. So I get there and they have me loaded up with my new 4x10 within 15 minutes and I wander back in, only to run into the president of the company, who took me on a personal tour through the entire facility! It was one of the coolest things ever, especially since I only spent about $500 that day, which is really a drop of water in the ocean compared to alot of their other customers. They've got me for life after that.

6. ryano

ryano

Aug 20, 2007
    Boston Area
    That is cool. I'm with you, they'll get first crack at all my future online musical purchases.

7. joshwilkesbooth

joshwilkesbooth

Jul 17, 2009
    I purchase all my new gear from Sweetwater. They are the best at what they do. No jokes.

8. fourfinger

fourfinger Gold Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    I needed a small combo amp for my new project. Shopped around online and read a lot of reviews before settling on the Gallien-Krueger MB112. Went to Sweetwater's site on the recommendation of a fellow bassist.

Their price was about identical to others, but my eyes bugged out when I saw "Free Two-Year Warranty on most products." I was sold. I ordered late on a Tuesday night and the amp arrived on Thursday, no special shipping, just the Free. And before they shipped it, they called and talked to me, to make sure it was really me and not an identity thief.

I noticed they seemed to offer not as much selection as some other online retailers. Maybe that equates to pre-selection; i.e. companies who stand behind their products would seem to be the only ones a company like Sweetwater would want to deal with, because of that 2-year warranty.

If they have what I need, I see no reason to buy online anyplace else.

9. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Another satisfied and loyal Sweetwater customer here.

10. I've had good luck with Sweetwater, too. I also bought a bass from Alto Music a few weeks back, and I was impressed with their customer service. Breedlove initially shipped me the wrong bass. These things happen. I emailed Alto, and the right bass was on its way the next day. How a business responds to a screwup counts for a lot.

11. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    They also have frequent clinics at their store that are free! Apparently, Stanley Clarke was there not too long ago.

12. mixalot

mixalot

Jun 24, 2007
    New Orleans
    Sweetwater rules!!

13. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

This is all very impressive. I'll have to keep Sweetwater in mind for my practice amp....That 2 year "free" warranty is the balls. )-(

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Sweetwater doesn't have the biggest selection of bass gear, but they are always the first place I check when I need something. Their service is outstanding.

15. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I actually ordered something from them for the first time today (two ft long patch cables), and (legit) within 15 minutes of placing my order an employee called me to double check my order and make sure my shipping address was correct. Talk about amazing customer service! I'll definitely be buying from them again in the future :)

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sweetwater is first rate.

17. ryano

ryano

Aug 20, 2007
    Boston Area

Yeah this is a nice touch. I passed up a (small) corporate discount to get the extra year of warranty.

Agreed, this is a (minor) drawback. Their selection is limited versus some of the other online retailers. But if they have what I need they get first shot.

18. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Cool to find this thread. I never ordered anything from them, and I'm about to place an order for something they have. I'll place it with them.