1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sweetwater sent me a bad Mbox!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by IconBasser, Apr 29, 2010.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    so, my Mbox 2 mini was delivered by Fedex today (right as i was leaving for work). When I get back home (about a half hour ago), I open it up, and the first thing that I notice is that the headphone/output volume control knob is sunk too far in relative to the other ones. So I take off the front plate thinking "hey, it's probably just a loose nut." I take a look inside and see this:

bad-mbox.

the potentiometer for that knob is bent back off the circuit board :mad:. You can see the light reflecting off of it in the picture (blurry as it is).

I shall be contacting them as soon as I finish this post.

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    +1

A purchase should be as good as the money used to pay for it.

3. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    If that's the case, the prices need to come down on alot of things in life.

Anyway, yes, your box should be replaced at no cost to you.

4. They are a quality operation and will gladly exchange it. These things happen. A company like this is measured by its customer service and they have a great track record.

5. samdan61

samdan61

Jan 14, 2010
    Belleville IL
    Agreed, I'd like to buy more from Sweetwater but their selection isn't as varied as MF but their Customer Service is top notch. I always check Sweetwater before other online vendors as I prefer their personal approach.

Rick.

6. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Stuff happens to even the best of retailers. Why bash them before you even contact them.

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Sweetwater will return it. Period.

Probably would be better to contact them about the problem before coming here to complain about the potential problem. They have no way of knowing the condition of an unopened box shipped to them from a manufacturer. Unless you bought an open box item, and they'll still replace it if it's wrong.

Give them a chance to make it right before assuming they're going to screw you.

8. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I already called them and left a message (it was late). I'm currently waiting for a return call. Yesterday was simply a very bad day for me, and this incident topped it off. I needed to vent.

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    The 'email and wait' or 'call and wait for an answer' method usually ends up with more irritation.

Call and talk to a human. They have many people there working phones. I've never not been able to get a human on the phone there.

Unless you have a specific rep you normally deal with you'll likely need to take the initiative to get things moving. Getting something done with them should take minutes... not days. Really.

10. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Feb 28, 2006
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
    Hey IconBasser,

Sorry to hear of the trouble! I just ran across this thread, but if it has not already been taken care of with your rep at Sweetwater, send me a PM and I'll get on top of it. We will certainly take care of this for you.

For reference, this has been a very solid piece as far as hardware defects are concerned. I've been here over 10 years now, and although The MBox2 has not been produced that entire time, I can only recall about five hardware issues on the MBox2 line, ever, at least with my customers. I sell to some very large schools and have shipped out over 800 MBox2 and MBox2Minis in that time. 5 to 800 is not a bad ratio! Sorry you got one of the very rare defects.

Again, send me a PM if you still need assistance in getting this swapped.

Thanks,
    Dan

11. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Absolutely not Sweetwater's fault. Manufacturer's defect, sealed box. I have no doubt they'll make it right.

12. oggdawg

oggdawg

Oct 25, 2009
    Sweetwater sold me a damaged computer desk that was obviously re-packaged by them (it was missing parts as well) a couple years ago and tried to pass it off as new. That's why I don't buy things from Sweetwater anymore.

13. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    thanks for you concern. I was already contacted yesterday and emailed a return shipping label. The Mbox is already on its way back to you guys.