1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Swell b-drive powersupply. Center positive or negative? Please help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BiigM, Mar 14, 2013.

1. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Hi guys.

I finally received my b-drive from Swell. It came with a powersupply which (off course) is incompatible with European power.

I have had an ac adaptor installed under my pedalboard now, but I don't know if it needs to have Center negative or Center positive. Usually it is pictured on the original powersupply that comes with pedals, but not on this one unfortunately.
    I can't even measure the original since there's no way to get power through it here.
    To make matters worse, swell has gone belly up, and the owner is absolutely impossible to get in contact with.

So do any of you swell users know wether it should have a negative Center og a positive?

2. I know someone that can help you. I will contact him for you.

3. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Thank you :)

4. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Pretty sure it's positive, but wait for Delta to chime in.

5. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Let me check the facts just to be sure. Be back soon.

6. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Did you guys get any wiser?
    Wanna start doing all the cables in my board, but am waiting until everything works :)

7. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    12v AC 500+mA is a must....it's a 2.1mm jack but since it's AC to AC the tips aren't really positive or negative. It took me FOREVER to find this info and it's because the tips only really come into play with DC things.

Is there something wrong with getting an adapter? The power supply provided should work with an adapter.

8. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Thanks for checking it out.

Apparently there actually is a difference with the Center on some AC devices. But MikeO says that both ways are cool here it's fine with me.
    I just need to be sure since i dont want to fry the pedal. so can I ask if you got the info from MikeO?

I had the rest of the specs already. I can't use the power supply since it doesn't fit in European outlets, and we use 240v here not 120. And a adaptor plus the supply would be way to clumsy for my board.
    The supply i have now will deliver the AC with 1600 ma so that's plenty.

9. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    This is from him.

Most pedal power supplies are AC to DC power supplies and they have the different tips. The ones the Swell and Myco use are AC to AC. If you are looking at an AC to DC power supply, it won't ruin the Swell pedal. It just won't work.......but if you use an AC to AC one in a DC pedal....KABOOOOOM.

10. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    No this makes genuine AC power. Thanks for helping :)

11. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    NOW HOW DOES IT SOUND?!?!?!?! :bassist:

12. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Can't say yet. I just woke up, it 7 am here :)
    I'll let you know :)

13. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    LOL. MikeO sent me a Myco Three last week and he kept asking me over and over again "HOW IS IT?!?!?!" and I'd have to say....I have five 6 month olds, I'm only allowed to play my amp on Sunday. :bag:

14. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    Haha. I feel with you. I play for a living so I have my home studio I can use :)