1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWELL B-Peg V3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by andrew, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    I got this Swell B-Peg recently from MSUSousaphone. It sounds fantastic, and really does do an overdriven SVT sound well (I know, I own a '73 SVT and have cranked it before).

I'm typically not a pedal stomper, I buy effects mostly as "always on" tone sculptors. While this pedal sounds really sweet and adds a certain something to your sound just by being on, I'm finding much of the tube goodness this pedal provides me to already be built into my Aguilar DB750, so the two seem to cancel each other out a bit; enough so to my ears that I can't justify the good quality it does add. My tonal loss is your tonal gain.

Here's a review of the pedal that our own Kringle77 posted on Youtube (hope you don't mind Chris):

And you can look up the threads in the effects section gushing about how nice this sounds. This has the low gain mod from Swell as well.

Pedal is in the exact same condition as i got it, which is mint save one match head sized paint chip on the front edge.

Mostly just want to sell, but there are a few pedals I'd be interested in doing partial trades on:

Catalinbread SFT
    Xotic BB Bass
    Voodoo Labs Sparkledrive
    Voodoo Labs Giggity
    Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie B
    Fuzzrocious Oh See Demon

Otherwise, I just want back from it what I have into it, so $350 shipped in continental North America. Thanks.

2. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Pics:

Attached Files:

3. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Paint chip:

Attached Files:

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    These pedals are the bomb and I'm a tube roller so it's a match made in heaven and the pedal is so warm it cut my heating bill in half it can also be used to get that wonderful tube overdrive sound. I love this pedal because it sounds awesome,is built like a tank and responds very well to different tubes you can use high gain or low gain tubes to fit your preference. This is a great guy who takes care of his gear and ships fast you will not be disappointed.

5. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    I know they're only just around the corner from being available but I'd also do trades for the new EBS Billy Sheehan pedal or Wren and Cuff Mercy Phuk.

6. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Awesome awesome pedal. And it can only be bought used, now. Few and far between.

7. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    PM on the way

8. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Still available.

9. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    pm sent.

10. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    payment sent

11. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.