Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Swinging with my Baby (Azola)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Cutrer, May 11, 2001.

1. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    I know this is a bass guitar forum, but please let me tell you guys about my Baby, (she's some kinda wonderfull)! I have been using my Azola Vintage Baby Bass at work in the Jazz Big Band and the Small Jazz Combo lately, and let me tell you. This bass smokes. I have been playing upright almost as long as I have been playing electric. The upright was even my major in college yada yada yada. But I have allways struggled to play my upright as smoothly as my electric and was never really able to creat those Paul Chambers like lines like I wanted to. Well, that is starting to change, and it is mostly because of this instrument. The Vintage Baby Bass by Steve Azola plays so well and has such a consistant tone that the challange of creating smooth lines and hearing your self is almost completely removed for me. We are starting the Latin Jazz Combo back up next month, and guess what bass I am bringing.

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Scott,
    Your preaching to the choir about the Azola Baby bass. I have one too, and it's wonderful. Great tone, playability, and looks. I can't think of anything I'd change about it.

3. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    You are correct sir. I have been a bass nut for 15 or so years. And I dont think that I have ever been so satisfied with an instrument. Hey Jeol, we are ordering an Acoustic Baby Bass next week. Man I cant wait! Joel, do you have any pics of your Baby?

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Here's a shot from a gig the night I got the bass. It was an absolute show stopper.

5. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    mmmmmmmmman I really hope it was a holloween gig Joel. Great looking baby, we are getting the honey blond. yippeeeeeee