SwirlyGig beverage holder

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stratovani, Jan 11, 2015.

1. My daughter gave me a $10 gift certificate to Musicians Friend for Christmas, and I'm thinking of picking one up. They make different sizes, so which one would be good for your standard mic stand? I don't have my stand handy, it's at our rehearsal space.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/swirlygig

2. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Hey+careful+man+there''s+a+beverage+here.jpg

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I bring one to every gig.

Great product IME.

4. The standard size works with most lightweight stands. The Ultimate TT stands (and some others) have heavier tubing and require the larger diameter version.

I really like the product. I have them on the stands in my practice/rehearsal room too, and it seems to help to keep drinks from getting knocked over.

stratovani likes this.
  5. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    Punk player, for all the times I've eaten microphone, this thing would simply ensure my bass got most of my beer!

Now, I suppose I could affix it to one of the drummers stands...

stratovani likes this.
  6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My brother plays guitar in a band and part of his gear is the base and bottom pole of a mic stand. He attaches his ipad gripper and twisty drink holder to it.

7. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

I saw one of those at GC last time I was in there and wondered if they caused problems with balance...

8. I have a SwirlyBigger, which is nice for when bartenders give me large or odd-shaped glasses. I've never had a balance problem with it.

9. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    It depends on how many beers you use it for.

10. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    Why don't they have one that attaches to a cab!! That's all i want

11. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    My swirlygig is part of my must-have gear kit. I have whatever the normal size is. With a tripod stand it hasn't created any balance problems, but I do mount it as low as it can go.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021