1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Swiss-Army Knife of amps for $350 or less??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Sep 26, 2005.

1. What is the BEST amp - combo, head/cabs, or pre/power/cabs to have without spending over $350?

It doesn't have to model anything, it doesn't have to have a certain number of speakers - or any size in particular. Just the best bang for the buck. Suited for mainly at-home playing, but could be able to handle a very small, intimate band setting... such as the drummer using brushes & guitars playing through a Roland Micro-Cube (or similar)...

I know that this topic has probably been beat to death - so sorry, if I posted on a overrated topic. New or used doesn't matter, preferably new - but, used will be ok as long as the used prices are pretty normal... not like the 1 'deal of the century' that you robbed off of a blind, homeless, broke, etc...

thanks, henry

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Used Yorkville XS400H. That's all I can think of right now.

3. peavey head n cab, if possible

4. go to www.parkwaymusic.com and look under used vintage bass amps. they have a hartke 4x10 for 190$ and a peavey head for 99$ its good enough for just playing in a small group.