Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Swiss-Army Knife of amps for $350 or less??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by henryjurstin13, Sep 26, 2005.

1. What is the BEST amp - combo, head/cabs, or pre/power/cabs to have without spending over $350?

It doesn't have to model anything, it doesn't have to have a certain number of speakers - or any size in particular. Just the best bang for the buck. Suited for mainly at-home playing, but could be able to handle a very small, intimate band setting... such as the drummer using brushes & guitars playing through a Roland Micro-Cube (or similar)...

I know that this topic has probably been beat to death - so sorry, if I posted on a overrated topic. New or used doesn't matter, preferably new - but, used will be ok as long as the used prices are pretty normal... not like the 1 'deal of the century' that you robbed off of a blind, homeless, broke, etc...

thanks, henry

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Used Yorkville XS400H. That's all I can think of right now.

3. peavey head n cab, if possible

4. go to www.parkwaymusic.com and look under used vintage bass amps. they have a hartke 4x10 for 190$ and a peavey head for 99$ its good enough for just playing in a small group.