Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Switchblade/automated switcher Q&A

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by john turner, Apr 30, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    check out the web site...

http://www.soundsculpture.com

i have one of these pups, the switchblade GL, works really well, i can program routing options via a program on my pc, and then download the layout to a patch on the unit.

the routing can be really complex, too. i have a setup with multiple inputs, depending on which bass i'm using, one of which will be routed to either one of 2 preamps, or both, then, from there to an effects unit, if used, and then to the poweramp. simultaneously, i can route the outputs from my foot pedal synths and bass-synth either to my power amp or to a stereo lead for the pa. i can even route my moogerfooger pedal or other pedals into the loop, and then keep them on all the time back at my amp, away from my feet, and just have one midi pedal control when they are brought into the signal chain or not.

very cool. but pricey - the one i have has 16 inputs/outputs, and it cost ~US$1750

any questions? :D

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Okay, so it routes stuff in and out of the signal chain. Easy enough to understand (although I bet it took a year and a day to set it up initially). That's pretty cool. At first I thought it was like the rig that Neil Young uses that actually changes the knobs on his vintage amps. That thing is pretty bitchin', too.

I have gotten the answer I needed--Feel free to close the thread. [​IMG]

OW! Quit it! Stop hittin'!

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it can be used to control volumes as well. it also has some analog control inputs that you can hook in to it, like for a volume pedal, that you can then route through to control mix parameters or volume parameters of midi equipment. it also works in reverse, giving the ability to use a digital controller pedal to control mix or volume charateristics of analog devices like an amp or a foot pedal.

4. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Would the rocktron all access pedal work with the Switchblade GL unit?

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i imagine so, if it's a midi pedal. what does it do? does it have analog pedal outs too?

6. ill leave it open just in case someone else has questions. :)

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, please do, actually, thepaste started the original. thanks jake! :D