1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Switched from Bass to guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anotherfenderbp, Dec 8, 2006.

1. anotherfenderbp

anotherfenderbp

Dec 8, 2006
    I just switched from Bass to guitar and I am looking for a good teacher in the Pittsburgh (Pa) area that is not very far from the city. I know basic theory, but I need to be taught technique on bass better. I currently use a Stu Hamm Urge II.

2. OK, a few points:

1) Do you really mean "switched FROM bass TO guitar" in which case you have about 15 seconds before we release the hounds, or do you mean switched FROM guitar TO bass?

2) Following on from (1), if you are looking to learn bass then that's cool. However, I think this thread should be posted in Technique, Genneral Instruction, or Misc. I know it can be a pain but posting in the right place will both stop you getting yelled at and also get you the kind of answers you're looking for.

All the best.

Cheers

3. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    Go to a local guitar store and ask about who teaches leasons and tell them what you want to learn. They should point you in the right direction.

And I hope it is guitar TO bass. If not, I feel sorry for this thread.

Good luck

4. first you must know what you are playing

5. 15 seconds is much too generous

6. I think hes a fellow bass player, check out his sig and profile...

he probably meant "guitar to bass"

7. bryanjnkns

bryanjnkns

Oct 18, 2006
    Tulsa
    [​IMG]

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    You are dead to me. ;)

9. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    Hi, welcome.
    Check out the full range of sub-forums, you will be able to post a message either seeking a teacher or find a post looking for students in the 'classifieds' section. Good luck, and try to ignore the cretins and cynics.

10. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    yeah, i'm quite certain that he made the switch from guitar to bass

11. tsk,tsk,tsk.....another member bites the dust.

12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    www.guitarists.net could give you better results. Just remember not to sell your bass. You'll get an urge to pick it up again someday and you'll be glad you still have it. Have fun! :)