Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xax712, Mar 27, 2002.

1. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Ok I checked this thing out and it wounds awesome, but how exactly does it power up to 20 pedals???? The pic I saw only showed it looking like any other pedal powering item. So why is this one able to and not the others??? I've looked at their website and found no answers. If anybody has some answers for me please tell me.
    Thanks a lot,
  2. it uses different techniques than other pedals.. it's not really a transformator.. it's more like an amplifier turned way down.. ( 220v -> 9v )
  3. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    That really didn't answer my question much. I really want to know how it works to actually power the pedals? How do you hook up 20 pedals to it? How do all the pedals attach to what looks almost identical (except for the wall wart) to a Boss power supply? This is what I really needed to know.
  4. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000

The power supply comes with a daisy-chain cable that allows you to attach up to five pedals. You can buy more daisy chains to add as many pedals as the swtichmode can handle...
  5. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have one. Yes you buy the daisy chain cables and link them together. It is not a walwart (like the boss and most other power cables). My understanding is that it digitally (at least I think so) steps down the power from a wall outlet. I love mine as it is very small (smaller than walwarts) and doesn't even think of adding hum.

6. it inverse amplifies it..

i've got 5 pedals on mine, and it works like a donkey ! :D no hum, no heatproduction, no problemo ! :D
  7. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    How do you attach the daisy chain?
    I'm sorry for asking all these stupid questions I'm just trying to get a picture of how this thing works before I shell out $50 for one.
  8. daisy chain has 6 plugs

1 male plug ( same as the one in your pedal )

5 female plugs ( same as the one on the adapter )

female - female - female -female - female
  9. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    This is the coolest power supply I've ever used. I haven't figured out how to power 20 pedals...but for the three that I use it is perfect. No noise...little footprint...and it doesn't heat up. Weird. If you need to power more than 6 pedals...you may want to take up guitar!