SWR 12 Pack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, May 29, 2002.

1. bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    anyone tried this cab yet??? I really want some reviews on this one if any stores near you guys have it. I am definitely considering a 2x12 instead of a 1x15. what do you guys think??
  2. Just picked one up yesterday. I've only had one short practice with it but seems to be pretty great. With my 70's SVT it's got lots of low end balls without much muddiness. In fact it seems a lot clearer than my Ampeg 4x10 while having a much better low end at the same time. I'll have to use it more to be more descriptive.
    WOunded Paw
  3. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

I have to say that the 12 Stack (4x12) is an INSANELY loud cab, but it sounds awesome.Even without a HF horn it sounded nice and crisp with a Spector Czech 5 and an SWR Bass 350X on top.
    It handled the low B well, and had a really fat midrange tone.....good growly box.
    In my opinion, I think that these cabs are a great deal for the price and for someone who wants lots of volume especially if they want to run only one cab.
    The 12 Pack (2x12) is a great cab as well, all the same attributes but in a smaller size.
    Great cab....good price.....
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'd like to hear those cabs! It's funny...the specs on the SWR site are better for the 2/12 than the 4/12:confused:
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The prices are much lower on those than I expected! That 12 Pack would make an excellent extension cab for my Metro!
  6. bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Know where I can order one of these (SWR 12 pack 2x12) online??? Musician's Friend doesn't seem to have them yet and none of my local stores do yet.
  7. prom-1

Nov 8, 2000
    I just ordered one from RiksMusic.com. They have free shipping and seem to have good prices. Bass Northwest carries them too.
  8. Basslord1124

May 22, 2002
    I might consider an SWR 12 Pack to add to my rig...how much did you guys have to pay for it? The word I've heard is that they are actually somewhat affordable.
  9. Everybody's talking about how reasonably priced these cabs are. I've heard about these cabinets and would be interested myself, but I'm not sure just how affordable they are. So far, I haven't found an actual "real world" price on the units. The web site says they are "custom order" items at a MSRP of $699.00! If a dealer knocks 25% off, you're still at $525. This is "affordable"?

How about this idea? Avatar sells their 210 box (w/o components) for $100. You can buy "Delta series" Eminence 12" speakers for about $90 each (probably roughly equivalent in quality to the ones used in the SWR). This gets you there for $280. You'd just have to open up the speaker holes a bit with a jigsaw and plug the hole for the high frequency horn or you'd have more "porting" than spec'd for the cab (or go on and add a horn if you want one, of course). But, it certainly looks like there would be plenty of physical room for the drivers. The cabinet design would be designed to be "tuned" to a certain frequency but wouldn't really care what size drivers you stick in the box. Wouldn't this work just as well, but for almost half the price?

10. Basslord1124

May 22, 2002
    I checked SWR's site earlier and the freq. response of the 12 Pack didn't impress me...started at around 56Hz. Guess I'm back with my original decision on the Son Of Bertha.