SWR 212 - sale/trade?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ocelot_ark, Jun 4, 2002.

1. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    I've got a SWR 212 that I'm curious about selling. I love the sound, but think it's time to do the whole 410-115 thing. So, in order to do so...i need to get rid of something.

I'm looking to get $250/obo plus shipping, but I'm very interested in trades. I'm lookin for all things bass amplification. So if you have a 410 laying around, or a 15, or a powerful amp and your looking for a 212 give me a "holla." I'd obvioulsy make up any monetary differences if I had to.

Thanks, email any questions or interests: norrisjosh@hotmail.com
  2. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Forgot to mention, I'm a couple of hours east of Dallas, and I'm willing to drive a few hours to avoid shipping costs. Cheers!
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i think im interested, pics? condition?
  4. Is this a combo or just the cab?
  5. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    This is just the cab. I've got no digital camera, I usually borrow one from my dad's office, but can't get it til sometime next week.

It's the mid 90's Workingman's 212. Grill and Carpet all in great shape. It's got incredible casters. It has the adjustable tweater control. Umm...I really don't know how else to describe it.

I got it at a Pawn Shop for an unbelievable price, and even though I was wanting a 410, I couldn't ignore the whole SWR brand name yelling at me. I still am not positive if I would sell it, just curious to see what kind of offers I might receive. But, if push comes to shove I'll definitely sell to TBer's and forgoe ebay.

If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer...and don't forget, I AM OPEN TO TRADES!
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wow i didn't even know there was a workingman 2x12. it's not a bigfoot?
  7. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    The ID tag thingy says Workingman's 212. It'd be nice if it was a Goliath!
  8. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I'm still interested...you have mail.

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    yep. there is a workingman 2x12.
    found a review on it.
    i am intrested.
    can you tell me about the cab?
    what color is the grill?
    i read that it only wieghs 55 pounds. is this true?
    does it have casters?

10. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

What's the impedance and power handling rating?
  11. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    I've decided to keep the cabinet for now. Instead of getting a 15, i'm keeping the 212...for now.

But I'll let ya'll know if I try to sell again. Thanks for all of your interest.