SWR 2x10 + 1x15 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AllodoX, Dec 28, 2001.

1. I've been looking at the SWR workingman's speakercabinets... they should fit perfectly with my SWR workingman's 4004 head.. they're very cheap cabs..

the 2x10 has 98dB sensitivity and the 1x15 has 100 dB sensitivity... both can handle 200w, are 8 ohms and have a horn. perfect match for my 400w / 4 ohm head, eh ? :D

but how do they sound ?? i have absolutely no idea.. so feel free to share any experiences you may have (had) with these cabs.. SWR workingman's 1x15 and SWR workingman's 2x10.
  2. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I've played the SWR Workingman 15 combo amp, and it sounded great for a clean, funk, reggae application, no so much rock because it was too clean with no definition. SWR is great stuff. I don't know where everyone is now. I seem to be the only person posting, but whatever, each to his own.:)
  3. heheh.. thanx for sharing that dude :)

but i seek info on these babies :

4. I think that it partly depends on what bass you have..
    if you have a five-strings bass you should try a 4x10 because the 2x10 does not have the "oppervlakte" (in english : the space :) )
    to make the 5th string sound right
  5. 5-string Ibanez

4-string Yamaha

so my guess was.. 2x10 makes the 4-string sound real nice and the 1x15 boosts the low-end

the 1x15 makes the 5-string sound nice and the 2x10 boosts the mid and high-end..

so 2x10 + 1x15 should be perfect.. but i dunno if these speakers in particular are any good.. other option is the SVT410HE and SVT15E, but they're also a lot more expensive..
  6. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    I am running a Workingman's 4x10 and 2x10 powered by a SWR Bass 350. I think the combination sounds really nice and clean, with a lot of punch. I don't play a 5-string, but have tuned my E down to where it's flapping in the wind and I still get a lot of low end from this setup. If you're going to be hitting that low B a lot, you might be better off going with the 1x15. But, either way I don't think you can go wrong.