1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR 350+...WoW!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicoDirenzo, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I recently posted a dilema with a new Ampeg B1RE head making alot of noise from the cooling fan (church gig) and it's was way too loud so I returned the amp to Musicians Friend with tears in my eyes becasue the amp has a gorgeous sound. I bought a closeout SWR 350+ sight unseen for $350 bucks on Ebay (new head) and I got it yesterday. The head has a switch to manually control the cooing fan, preamp DL out volume and dual speakon's out and it is really quiet. I got it at 4ish pm and played for like 6 straight hours! I have to say......WoW what a sweet head!! The "aural Enhancer" is very nice and the Sub doubler (which I assumed would be cheez) is actually usable!! I still plan on getting a SVT 3 Pro in the next year but this amp totally rocks!!!:bassist:

2. I think SWR is the best. Everybody seems to head for the Ampegs, but for me, I think the SWR can do the Ampeg sound, and more.
    My old church use to have an SWR Red Head Combo, it was the sweetest sounding amp. Everything else I've tried comes up short IMO.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    At this moment you can get one for 305.00 shipped (NIB) on ebay.

4. When you say *SWR-350+* you do mean *SWR-350X* correct?

5. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that? Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    Great news (and congrats)! I just bought one off ebay, too. Now I need to find a nice cab to match it up with -I was thinking something with 2x12's- any suggestions/experience?

6. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I have two cabs...4x12 fender and 2x15 Kustom Groove bass. I'm thinking 4/10 Ampeg would be the bomb!

7. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
  8. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I know what you mean. I don't need one, but that price is killer.

9. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that? Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    No kidding! I paid $315, and the next day they were selling for $305. The next batch will probably be $290. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

10. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
  11. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I had to hit it!!

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I hit it too.

13. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    The X-series are fine amps with top-quality components. The MSRP on the 350X is about $1200, making $289 shipped a great deal, especially considering how heavy they are.

However, they're gone. :bawl:

I have the 550X and the 750X, and the 350X in 1x15" combo form, the "Black Beauty."

While I think the ridiculous SubWave nonsense should have been pulled long ago, otherwise I can't fault these amps.

Oh, I hate the fact that the speaker switch is on the back of the 350X and 550X, but there's really no room for it anywhere else until you get to the 705X face.

SWR pro stuff's apparently really taking a hit in the market these days because of their expense, but if you can find a deal, grab it.

14. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Whoa.

I just bought a new, sealed-box one from an authorized dealer, warpdrivemusic, on eBay for $285, shipped!

That's an *absurd* price. I have absolutely no need for this, obviously, but what a deal. :meh:

15. Martizmo

Martizmo

Mar 26, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    Great Head but I had some cooling problems with mine. I actually found that out after I blew the head up on the last song of the last set (with only an 8 ohm load).

My tech disconnected the fan switch so it always runs and reccomended that I drill some holes in the side panel because the unit has a passive fan which only circulates the hot air inside. If you open the unit up you will notice that there is no may to get outside air into the unit.

Other then that you will notice that the craftsmanship is outstanding.