swr 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nfgrufio, Mar 6, 2005.

1. nfgrufio

Jan 22, 2005
    hey, im thinking about buying a used swr350, are there any suggestion whether to get it or not? is it a good head, bad head,
    let me know!!!!
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the original basic 350 and later bass 350 is a good head. you do have to like the swr sound which can be a bit "sterile" by itself, but cuts thru well in a band. it's not the loudest 350 watt head out there, nor is it the quietest. www.prepal.com might have an average used price. i would think it should go for 500 or less.
  3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I've got an older, red-faced version. One of my favorite heads ever. Love it, and it does 450W into 2 ohms. More than enough for most any show that I'll ever do.

Personally, I can't say enuff good stuff about mine. I'd recommend to anyone. And it's not the traditional "SWR" sound either. To me, it's a lot more "Fender-y" than my SM-400S ever thought about. A lot less modern-sounding and more traditional.

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I have one of the first red face, Bass350 from the early 90's. Great tone and never a problem. I don't even need to use the tone controls.

Set the gain just before it clips and add some Aural Enhancer. That's it.

I'd recommend one.

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Same unit as mine. And pretty much the same settings. Mine is currently set pretty much flat, with a little bass cut, a little mid cut, and Enhancer set about 10:00.

Sounds almost as good as my Read preamp, and cost a potload less! Not to mention weight issues.