SWR 350x

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr.Nimrod, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    hey guys-

i was wondering if anyone here has used the new SWR 350x. if so, what do you think of the new octave effect??

also, if anyone has played any of the 350 models, what do you think of them in general?

thanks a lot!
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i had the chrome faced 350. i had bad luck with it. it turns out that while you CAN run it at 2 ohms you're NOT supposed to. that's what the tech guy at swr said. mine kept cutting out at: volume up most of the way gain up 50%. the clip light never once lit up so i thought i was in the clear. no distortion either.
    everyone elso on here is probably going to tell you how great they are. if you need to play loud, i wouldn't go for it IMHO.
    honestly, for the money spend a little extra and get the 750, you won't be sorry that you did. you'll never need another head.
  3. BWB

Aug 30, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    I have a SWR Bass 350 that I bought used about a
    year ago...the old purple/black original face version.
    Has worked great electrically, but I think the range
    of tone you can get out of it isn't very broad.
    I now use an external ADA MB-1 preamp with it
    and that gives me a whole lot more options.
    Still, if you can find one used at $300 or less
    (I paid $250 for mine), it should work out well
    for you. I've played lots of club gigs with mine.
  4. I tried one and didn't like the sound, so I got an Ampeg instead. The Ampeg sound is just more full sounding to me. :D
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i am the other way around. i went from having a component system with an older svt 2p pre amp to a 400s. dont pay for the 300 save and get the 400s for like 400 bucks used. excellent head. muey loud and very versatile!
  6. [​IMG]

Probably the best built, best deal, in a used amp today.