Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR 4x8"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sprinkler, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey,

I'm buying a new cab: a 4x8 by swr... 300€

i tested it out, sounds great, but you hear it cant handle much lower then the low E.

The punch was killing me! Oh man, so fast...

But i cant find any info on swr, nor anywhere else. I assume if I think SWR, i'd call it Henry Jr. but i didnt find anything about that either....

Does someone has info to contribute?

2. sargent_duck

sargent_duck Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Ireland
    Where Are U geting that amp for that money Im buying one soon but It's costing 750!!!!!!

3. Sprinkler

Jul 31, 2002
    oh it's second hand ;)
    do you have any more info about it?

4. sargent_duck

sargent_duck Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Ireland
    I actually dont know that much, there web site is pretty good www.swrsound.com but as far as I know there out of production, so it might be a bit hard, I was told there more or less on the same lines as the workingmans 4 x 10 if thats any good to you, What kinda head you gona use with it ?

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the henry jr is a very nice cab. one paired up with a bigfoot 2x12 would be just about the ultimate small SWR rig.

here's the info from http://www.swrsound.com/products/vintage.html

[​IMG]

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Why does SWR keep discontinuing cool stuff, like the Baby Blue and the 8/12 lines?

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    baby blue is back, along with a 1x10 version. there are 2x12 and 4x12 cabs now available (albeit without horn - STUPID IMO), and the henry is still going strong.

i'd really like an swr 112. YOU HEAR THAT SWR?!

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Actually, I'd like to try the new Baby Blue head...make a killer preamp iffin it's as cool as SWR says it is.

9. I use an SWR 4x8, and to me it's the best cab I've ever heard. I play a 5, and it handles the B easily. I used to have a Big Foot 2x12, but this sounds better. I also have an SWR 1x15 to throw under it should the need arise, but that cab hardly ever gets used. It also sounds great for upright bass.

10. House of Guitars in Rochester, NY has a Henry Junior sitting on top of a Bigfoot, the pair being pushed by an original-issue SM400.

I think the whole rig might go for $1000, or maybe $1200. They're pretty incompetent there and don't know what they've got on their hands.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, how does it sound, pete? sounds pretty sweet...

i'm a poet and didn't know it :D

12. I never got to play it, sadly. I sincerely doubt it's sold--nobody with more than three brain cells bothers to even go into the House of Squal--er, Guitars.

13. Sprinkler

Jul 31, 2002
    Great, thanks for the info:D

Guess i'm getting a pretty good deal... First to say that in Belgium :rolleyes:

14. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I bought the henry jr at the HOG in Rochester about a month ago, and it sounds great!! BTW...Smug, you're right, they didn't know what they had. It was a brand new cab that had been sitting there for years, so I got it at cost + tax. wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dang, i thought it was just me, but THEY HAVE!!! Like, i would see something and go "AWESOME!" Then by the time i had enough money they quit making it. The 8/12 was just AWESOME.

16. Nice job. One could really rip them off if one wanted to--they're so hung up on flame tops and cheesy binding, they often price dead-mint Warwicks for below new dealer cost.