swr 750 bass head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pigpen02, Apr 12, 2002.

1. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    thinking about purchasing one, barely used, for 600 bucks. what do ya think? good tone, good for pushing swr rig? good price? i've really liked the other swr stuff i've used, but this i'm looking to have push a 2x15 w/ wattage to spare.

good buy?
  2. yes, pretty good buy. I see them in the stores for 1100 new. You may want to wait for the 750x, it has some of the effects that the Mo' Bass has.
  3. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

I have one and it is used hard, I use a 2x15 big bertha and a goliath 3 at 2.6 ohms, works great, for opener gigs I use just the goliath 3 (8 ohms)and it has lots of head room, the front panel is hard to see but I use a furman PL tuner/light and it lights the front great, I paid over 1,000.00 when I got it and cant say anything bad about it,
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I also own one and gave 8 for it used. I'd say 6 is a great price if it's in near mint condition. Killer amp, very versatile with a clean, powerful sonic character.
  5. SlimT

Feb 27, 2002
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Killer head.

I've got one and I love it. For medium sized gigs I push a 115 and 210 and it is loud and sounds great. As mentioned before, clean and powerful. Lotsa tone options.

That's a good price if it's in good condition, as mentioned previously. I get compliments on my tone from a lot of bass players, so, it must be good!