Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR 750X Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gmann, Sep 22, 2002.

1. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I went to my local music store to try out the new SWR 750X. I was, to say the least dissapointed. I mean, I wanted to be impressed but I just wasn't. The volume that I got out of this amp just didn't cut it. Now mind you I tried to re-create my real life playing situation the best I could which means that I play through a Peavey Firebass II w/ a Peavey 412 TVX w/ a Peavey Cirrus Q-Top tiger eye 5 string. To try the SWR out I used a Bubinga Cirrus 5 string w/ a Peavey TVX 410 cab. All I noticed was that I had the SWR pegged at around 1-2 o'clock on the pre and around 4 or 5 o'clock on the master volume.

Compared to my Firebass II the volume just couldn't compare.

Has anybody out there experienced this SWR amp? I was looking to upgrade and figured I'd try the SWR first and if this didn't sound good I was going to go with the Aguilar DB750 w/ my Peavey 412. Any opinions?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I think that 4x12 cab should be louder at the same wattage than that 4x10...I could be wrong, but it seems that was the general concensus over in the Amps forum...why don't ya try over there...probably get alot more help. ;)

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Try the SWR SM500 or SM900. I have the SM500 (I tried the bass750 for a few days and didn't like it as it wasn't as versatile due to the simpler EQ and it was a lot heavier). It also depends on the cabinets it is paired with. I have my SM500 paired up with two Aguilar GS112s (loud cabs) and it is very loud and clean (and portable :) )

oh yeah....try the amps forum ;)

-KB