SWR 750x with Eden 410xlt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StarchMan, Jul 21, 2004.

1. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Would this work well? i know the head puts out 750 watts at 4 ohms and the cab is rated 700 watts at 4 ohms. Will this damage the speakers much?
  2. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    I'd say it's a perfect match!
  3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Let me start off by saying I really dig Eden cabs, and that I'd like to upgrade my rig to the 750 head.
    With that said, I just didn't care for the sound of the 750 head with the Eden 2x10 I tested.
    Just something to think about. You really should try before you buy.
    Here's my $.02-
    If you dig the hi-fi, silky SWR sound, go with an all SWR rig like a Goliath cab with the 750 head.
    If you want something more organic, go with a GK head with an Eden cab.
    If you want even more warmth, go all Eden.
    Another example: I REALLY dug the sound of a Bag End cab with a SWR head.
    An Eden head with Bag End cabs will give you a lot of nice warmth as well.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it shouldn't damage the speakers at all unless you are running the amp flat out
  5. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I seriously doubt that it would do any damage at all. If you were running 2000 watts into 700 watt speakers then ok you could do damage but an extra 50 watts is nothing. Speakers have peak ratings too which tell you the maximum watts a speaker can handle for a short period of time and im pretty sure the cab would handle upwards of 1000 watts peak.
    Also you would have to be running the amp flat out to do anything and i doubt you would get anywhere near flat out because the 410XLT is LOUD. You ears will probably bleed before your speakers crap out.
  6. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    a friend of mine runs the rig you describe. He plays funk, R & B, and a little jazz. It sounds great. loud, punchy, lots of head room, and nice tone.