Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR 8004 + Goliath II = Creamy Goodness

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jun 19, 2004.

1. all i gotta say is that this is probably the best rig ive ever played, after having anoher test in one today..especially with the 4ohm goliath, pulls out and handles all 750w of my favourite head......and what makes it ever so sweet is NO TUBES..pure solid state creamy chicken goodness...MM Stingray, Kubicki, MIM Jazz, Ibanez Doug Wimbish...anyone else tried this combination? or own this setup?

2. Superfly7044

Superfly7044

Jun 19, 2004
    Did you cmopare the 8004 to the GK 1001rb ?

3. cant get gk here...the only heads that i had to try here was the 8004, 4004, hartke 5500, one of the new peaveys(poor), ashton(hopeless), fender bassman 400....they used to have a gk backline head and cab...but no

4. Superfly7044

Superfly7044

Jun 19, 2004
    What kind of music are you playing ? I've kind of narrowed it down to the gk1001rb and the SWR 8004

5. bit of everything, rock, jazz, funk, fusion, acid rock, soul, rnb, blues...i think this head just smokes it up...blew everything else i tried outta the water..sounded great for slap...for about an hour i just plugged my kubicki in left the eq and everything flat and it was
    #comic book guy voice on#
    the best soud ever
    #comic book guy voice off#
    then i played with the eq..i think theirs still drool marks on my shirt lol

6. Superfly7044

Superfly7044

Jun 19, 2004
    Very nice. Sounds like this thing is right up my alley. What are you playing it through ?

7. Well, my main bass is a Kubicki Ex-Factor, which is active and passive, and after i get my amp, or before..depends how stupid i am, ill be getting a Custom James Bass......But the Amp will be The 8004 and either the SWR goliath 3 4x10" which is what i tested it with (thats the loudest head+quad ive ever heard) or 2x ACME 2x10"...im testing ACME cabs on the 2nd, so ill make up my mind aroud then what cab/s ill be getting

8. Superfly7044

Superfly7044

Jun 19, 2004
    Sounds like you're gonna have a sweet set up there. How do you like that Kubicki ? Never played one.