Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

swr amps and guilar cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Dec 6, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    anyone have an swr amp and an aguilar cab? how does it sound. im thinking of mixing the two. or shoudl i just run swr stuff or just aguilar stuff. any help is greatly thanked.

2. Which Aguilar cab would you be running? I've owned a GS410 and currently own a pair of GS112s, and have powered each with an SWR-esque EBS Fafner. I'd say the combination would work as long as you make sure to keep plenty of midrange dialed in on the amp (no Aural Enhancer, 'kay?) and don't crank the tweeter(s).

You'll get a very crisp, defined sound out of such a rig that has just enough oomph to break through distorted guitars and still maintain clarity. However, an SWR/Aguilar setup would probably be better for funk, pop, or R&B than for hard rock or metal.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks peter.
    yea i thought the same thing about the music suitability. but uh i was thinking ag. 212 and 210 with an swr sm-5/900. either one. but yea i dont like those aural enhancers anyway.