1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR AMPS CABS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BASSMAN MIKE 77, Aug 18, 2007.

1. BASSMAN MIKE 77

BASSMAN MIKE 77

Aug 16, 2007
    Thinking of buying SWR WORKING PRO 410 CAB AND 115 CAB and the SWR amp head 400 working pro is this a good stack to buy thanks

2. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Its a very servicable set up.
    However... Make sure you play through it first, with your bass. Make sure you get a good deal. Make sure it does everything you need as far as volume, tone, portability, practice, gigs and recording. Make sure you compare it to other brands/rigs at different places. Never leap into a rig without looking at all your options.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I haven't tried the WorkingPro series cabinets but I always liked the WorkingMan series (that the WorkingPro replaced) better than the Goliath cabinets that I owned...they actually had some mids!

I would think an amp like that could serve you for a long, long time.

4. dogbass

dogbass Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    I own the Workingpro 400 head and it is a very nice amp with nice features: the "Bass Intensifier" is awesome and since it is footswitchable, you'll find it pretty gig-usable. I have a WM410 which is....average. The Goliath cabs are much better options (IMO) with this head.

5. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Good setup. I actually tried the 400 and 700, and owned a wp410. Good choices. There is a lot out there, that are as good as this particular setup, but it's a good setup. As someone else mentionned, try it out before you buy if you can.