Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Baby Baby Blue?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Dec 5, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    No, this is not a typo. ;)

Has anyone tried this amp yet? I'm looking for a small combo with some power and I heard that this one is a new offering...

2. Hey there
    I had the pregenitor, the first model BB, for a good long while. Havn't tried the new one.
    It's not a powerhouse, has very little "throw," and sounds tinny for recording, but it's a nice amp nonetheless. More flexible than anything in its' class, I found.
    KFS

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What about the EA iAmp combo?

brad cook

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i have an elecric blue head and have been very satisfied with it
    it definitely gives the swr sound ... the only bummer is lack of bass and treble shelving controls
    it also does a pretty good job of powereing a couple of 8 ohm cabinets although it's not gonna be an ampeg by any means

5. I picked one up today from a pawnshop. It looks brand new and I paid $200.00 cash for it. I got it to use in my bedroom to be able to practice quietly but efficiently.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    what are you going to use if for? Live or rehearsal?