1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Basic Black and Extension (pickup only)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mike_v_s, Nov 12, 2006.

1. I know this is a long shot, but......

* local pick up only *
    Late '90's (1997?) SWR Basic Black 1x15 combo.

Specs-

Basic Black:
    120 watts/ 160 with 8 ohm extension
    1x15 PAS driver + tweeter with attenutator
    3 band eq (basic) with the dreaded aural enhancer
    effects loop
    plywood construction
    50 lbs.

The combo is enough for a decently loud practice. I really don't want to ship this. To be honest, I guess I'm not much of a motivated seller. $350, negotiable, or trade for a Bag End 15, Aggie GS112, or SM-400.

Mike

edit: Combo in good/great condition. Pictures can be provided upon request. I'll deliver up to an hour away.

2. Dang... I wish I had the cash and you lived closer, unless you need some Avatar cab's. :smug: Best of luck on the sale Bo, I wish I could take them off of your hands but no cash... well at least not that much. :crying:

BTW this is not the mis-spelled version by any chance is it, with the controls on the back kinda setup the way the workingman's 10 is with the controls on the back part of the amp?

Peace,

3. It is not the misspelled version (Bassic Black, for those that are curious), but it is the exact same amp (with controls recessed in the back).

I have had occassion to swing out to your area before for work and may have to again. I'm not in a rush to sell this, so we may have a chance to deal in the future. Thanks.

Mike

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Bump for a great set up. The Basic Black and matching cab are from SWR's Professional line and not the Working Man's line. Bass Player rated it the top combo back in the 90's.

I'm driving the same bottom with a Markbass head. Tight cab.

5. I own the combo and it's great! Blows the workingman's, workingpro stuff away, and I personally think it sounds tons better than the black beauty too.

6. Thank you, gentlemen.

A little bump to see if these extremely intelligent opinions have caused anyone to pause.

Mike

7. Original post has been edited. The Basic 2 way (extension) is now off the block. I'll consider trading the combo for a nice cabinet (say...Bag End 15 or Aggie GS112) or SM-400 head. Still insisting on local deals, however, because I'm too friggin' lazy to box and ship 50 lbs. of plywood, aluminum and knobs.

Mike

8. I have a very nice Avatar single 15" 8 ohm cab I would be willing to trade you, how much cash do you need? :D PM me and maybe we can deal!

Peace,

9. gt40mki

gt40mki

Jun 2, 2007
    Uhm...where in Louisiana? (I.E.-I'm in Corpus Christi, TX, could we meet in the Houston area?)

And pics please :)

10. Bump for a great amp. I've had one for years and it has served me well. I haven't heard a better sounding SWR, including the Redhead. This is a good deal!