Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR-Basic Black

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ArchBass, Feb 14, 2001.

1. While reviewing the amp pics that everyone has been posting, I came across an amp I would like to get more information on. It is the SWR - Basic Black. I went to the SWR web page and can not find anything on it. So any input or directions to where I can find more information about this black box would be great.

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I haven't visited the site lately but the SWR site used to have a section for discontinued models of which Basic Black is one. 120w into 1 15 w/tweeter,tube preamp. The Carle Place,NY Guitar center has a used one for $409.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You can also get a NOS(new) one at your local Mars or at their online store for around $550.

These are much higher quality than the Workingmans stuff, and my Basic Black at 120 watts is louder than the 160 watt Workingman's 15.

4. Thanks for the reply on the Basic Black. I visit my local Mars enought to know they don't have that amp. I will have to check out there web site to see if they still have them.

By the way Embellisher, is this a back breaking amp to carry around?

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

ArchBass, it weighs about 60 lbs, and has fold down handles mounted on each side.

Pretty easy to carry around.