1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Bass 350 users - how tough are they?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gearhead43, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I scored a nice pre-fender buyout chromeface SWR Bass 350 (w/manual) a few months back, and really like it so far. I use it for Rockabilly upright bass primarily, with a Fishman Pro Platinum Bass preamp in front of it because I use a piezo pickup. This thing thumps and stays nice and clean.

I know this is the bass guitar side of TB, but I wanted to hear from some users that had the same amp as me. I'd like to hear from guys who own one or have owned one please, not "I used my friends for five minutes and it was underpowered with the enhancer & bass all the way up." :rolleyes:

How many of you guys have run these heads at 2 or 2.6ohms for extended periods of time and how do these heads do?

I have read the tips posted on getting the most out of these heads and thanks for that, it was spot-on. I run the EQ flat mostly. Oral Enhancer :D turned off.

My setup's in my sig, just thinking about adding another 8ohm cab (a 1-12 maybe) and would be running it at 2.6ohms. I am not worried about the chassis getting hot, that's what it was designed to do. I just want to be sure as I can be, that these heads can really dish it out and not burn up. :)

Thanks for any info.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    wow, I looked up the owners manual and I never knew my bass 350 (chrome, pre 350x model) could to 2 ohms???

I owned mine for a couple years. eventually used it with a tech21 RBI and bypassing the swr preamp section.

it seemed loud enough for many situations especially with two 112 cabs that I was using.

I was fairly pleased with its performance, but my G.A.S. came back and said I needed more power, so I got a poweramp instead of the 350...eventually.

3. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    yup....