1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

swr bass amps - bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suzanna_west, Feb 14, 2003.

1. suzanna_west

suzanna_west

Feb 14, 2003
    hi all. heard from friends over in california that swr's going through some serious $ problems. anyone know if they're going under? anyone wanna buy a bass amp company for cheap? suzanna

2. I believe they've been purchased by American Music Corp. The same company that owns Washburn and other companies. I wonder what that means for them?:meh:

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

:bawl:

4. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I believe this information refers to EDEN.

I have no information on SWR at all (although they sponsor this board) but Eden was recently purchased as described above.

It would seem a bit unlikely to me that both manufacturers would have the same problem and the same solution within a few months of each other.

5. I stand corrected. U.S Music Corp has purchased Eden. What a bummer. I love Eden equipment. Everyone buy your favorite Per-U.S. Music gear before it becomes "vintage" gear. Hmmm...I've always wanted a Highwayman and 2 410XLT's. I wonder if I could sell this idea to my wife?:rolleyes: