Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

swr bass amps - bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suzanna_west, Feb 14, 2003.

1. suzanna_west

suzanna_west

Feb 14, 2003
    hi all. heard from friends over in california that swr's going through some serious $ problems. anyone know if they're going under? anyone wanna buy a bass amp company for cheap? suzanna

2. I believe they've been purchased by American Music Corp. The same company that owns Washburn and other companies. I wonder what that means for them?:meh:

3. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I believe this information refers to EDEN.

I have no information on SWR at all (although they sponsor this board) but Eden was recently purchased as described above.

It would seem a bit unlikely to me that both manufacturers would have the same problem and the same solution within a few months of each other.

4. I stand corrected. U.S Music Corp has purchased Eden. What a bummer. I love Eden equipment. Everyone buy your favorite Per-U.S. Music gear before it becomes "vintage" gear. Hmmm...I've always wanted a Highwayman and 2 410XLT's. I wonder if I could sell this idea to my wife?:rolleyes: