1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Bass Amps & Bass VI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bruce85, May 6, 2015.

1. Bruce85

Bruce85

Mar 23, 2015
    Hey all. A store on the otherside of my country is having a half price clearance on some SWR bass amps so I cant get there to try them myself but they can ship them to me if I choose to buy one. The models that caught my attention were the 200 watt 1x15 and the 260-(400) watt 2x10 Workingpro amps. I want to use one with my Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI. Does anyone have experience with these two models and which do you think would suit the Bass VI better? I play mostly alternative rock. Other good alternatives are also welcome. Thanks!

2. I've been playing my modded '62 Fender Bass VI (re-wired ages ago) through a SWR Super Redhead for a very long time.
    I'm sure either amp would make you happy, and would take whichever has the most flexible EQ... BTW, where IS your country?

3. Bruce85

Bruce85

Mar 23, 2015
    Hey. Im in South Africa. But these amps are a two hour flight away from where I live so I cant try them myself and I cant seem to find that many reviews or videos. The 2x10 seems like the sweeter deal in the long run.

4. The best... enjoy!