1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Big Ben replacement speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by notenslaved, Mar 5, 2008.

1. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    I've got an older Big Ben - my guess is it's pre-1999ish. The former owner blew the speaker and replaced it with a Peavey 18". I'd like to do something about that, it's been sitting around for years and I hardly even use the cab so if I can't improve it, I'll end up selling it - but no one seems to be interested in it the way it is.

I think this cab originally used the SWR Bag End speakers, but I'm not sure when exactly it was made. I bought it in about 99-00 used so it sorta makes sense it would be the Bag End.

I'm trying to avoid (but I'll do it if I have to...) going the route of getting my local SWR dealer to order it from Fender and the whole price markup bit. SWR lists the replacement 18" as #0067093000 on their web site.

Does anyone know what kind of speaker that is, or maybe suggest an alternative that would work well with this box?

2. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    The speaker is a bag end...

I would try contacting them.

JBL and EV are nice...just research the speakers function first.