1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR Big Bertha......ewwwww...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Aug 5, 2012.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Did an outdoor gig yesterday and supplied backline included a SWR Big Bertha. What a horrible sounding cab! The rig in general sounded horrible. Was a power amp and a preamp setup. The tweeter didn't work either! I was ready to bring my Markbass and GK cabs onstage! Then when they turned the monitors on, they had the bass so high, the whole stage was vibrating!

Don't mind me. Just reporting. Carry on..........

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I've played some blown up, run hard and put away wet backline. I've learned to not judge the gear by it's upkeep and maintenance when that's the supplier's responsibility.

3. bassfootballguy

bassfootballguy Spectacularly Average Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    Wow. I have played thrum a Big Bertha and thought it was one of the best bass tone experiences I ever had. Just goes to show how each player can have wildly different experiences.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I just don't dig 15's at all. I play mostly 4x10's and 2x112's. To be honest, the tweeter didn't work so I had no high end on stage. Had to boost my treble on my bass to get anything in that freq. I'm a slapper. I needs my tweeters! I also didn't like the PA/PA setup. I like conventional bass amps.