SWR Bigfoot Cabinet. What ya' think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stingray56funk, Mar 10, 2005.

1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    I've got a guy in my town wanting to trade me his SWR Bigfoot Cabinet (2x12) for a GK 800RB head. I love the 2x12 sound! Anyone play these Bigfoot cabs? I've never but I've played an Aggie and loved it. Let me know!
  2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    My main rig is a GK 700RB with SWR Goliath III 4x10, but I played at a club whose house rig was an Ampeg B2R (I think) and a Bigfoot. I turned it up, went for it on my Jazz, and thought it was absolutely awesome. As many have said, the 12" drivers give most of the articulation of 10"s, and most of the slam of 15"s. I learned that with the Bigfoot. Works for me. It's a fantastic cab for classic and hard rock, but probably lots of other stuff too.

In fact, since then, I've had major GAS for cabinets with 12" speakers, and I just got a GK Neo112.

If you can get it for a good price, you should pounce if it's in good shape and the tone suits your needs. SWR still makes a 2x12, but the speakers are side by side and it doesn't have a tweeter.
  3. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I played one for a while and absolutely loved the sound. Big, tight lows and crisp highs, awesome sound all-aorund. Unfortunately, the one I was using was serial #56, and the speakers gave up on me. Eminence makes duplicates, however, and I will replace them. I would say value for one in excellent condition, $400. Factor that in to your decision.
  4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Thanks Guys! I'm doing the deal tonight for my GK 800rb head which I was only asking $325 so I consider it a good deal for an excellent SWR Bigfoot! Thanks!