SWR Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Razor, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Any thoughts/opinions from users of this 2x12? Some people aren't partial to 12's and other's are....I personally dig em'.
    I am basically looking to put some low end under my Goliath III 4x10 and since I am partial to 12's I was thinking about this cab. Got a line on one if I decide to do it but wanted to get a few opinions first.
    Thanks for any/all the feedback.
  2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Oh yeah...I did see the earlier post reference the Bigfoot 2x12. I wanted to see if I could get more than three responses though. Thanks again everyone.
  3. I have one and am selling it. I am only selling it along with another cab because I want an Aguilar 4x10 real real bad
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I love 12's for bass........but IMHO the SWR 12 cabs don't compare to the other 2/12 cabs that are out there. I would shop around a little.
  5. The Bigfoot is a very good cab, but needs to have the factory recommended speaker cone treatment. If you can get one with this already done, great. I bought one new in about '86, and the SWR importer took the speakers out and applied a coating of a stiffening agent to the backs of the cones, at SWR's recommendation.
  6. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    the thing about these cabs is that they can be had for very cheap on the used market. i see them go for around $350 pretty regularly.
  7. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    how does the SWR's Big Foot compare to Agi's 2x12?
  8. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    I haven't played through the bigfoot but I do own a Silverado Special which is essentially a Bigfoot Combo and I love it. A little more Woof than 10's but still pretty punchy....:confused:

Not sure if that helps or not. I also use a 2x10 extension cab to acheive more highs & mids...