1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Swr bigfoot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChadonBass, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ChadonBass

ChadonBass

Mar 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I bought a used Bigfoot a few months back. Recently, I checked the drivers because there was a buzzing sound (it was a stripped screw). Anyway, when I took the driver out, the brand name was eminence. Should it say "bag end" if it's the original drivers?

There's nothing really wrong with how it sounds, I'm just curious as to wether the place I got it from lied to me when I asked about the bag end drivers.

Thanks

2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    I think it depends on what year it was manufactured. SWR switched between Eminence and Bag End and PAS drivers between 94 and 97. Or it could be a replacement speaker.

3. ChadonBass

ChadonBass

Mar 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok thanks.

4. HELLO: I just got a BIGFOOT2 a few days ago which was in great cosmetic shape. The innards weren't though. The blown speakers both have a large purple BAGEND purple sticker on the magnets. My repair person said they are 92db devices and handle 250watts with a 3 inch voice coil. He also told me they were blown from over excursion although they looked good and the suspension was intact. He told me his recone price was $65 apiece. Hope this is usefull to you.

5. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I owned two of these when they first came out and they sounded fantastic for years with my SVT2 nonpro. I know they were Bag End drivers and am 99% sure they were labelled Bag End as I had a look once.
    I recently had the opportunity to purchase one of them back and was really looking forward to using it. The speaker was in great order but unfortunately it did not live up to my memories and I moved it on fairly quickly. Ahh, how times and tastes change.

6. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    These cabs had custom Bag End drivers in them. This is probably the best cab I've ever owned. I have an Accugroove Whappo Jr. now...so that's saying a lot. Loved my Bigfoot!