SWR Black Beauty 1/2 off new/discontinued

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chiplexic, Jun 20, 2004.

1. chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    GC had them for over a thousand few weeks ago, today they were at something like $560. Salesman says discontinued.
    Also Mesa Boogie Powerhouse cabs heavy discount,being discontinued also. Good time to buy. No I'm not a salesweasel, Just speading the word to a bro about a good deal to be had !
  2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Can anyone confirm this? The discontinued part that is for the MESA and SWR.
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I heard GC was selling the Black Beauty's for under 500 last weekend. If I can still cop one for that price I might buy it.
  4. chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    GC in N. Attleboro MA. had 3 Black Beauty's all marked to mid $500 area. They also had 1- 215 Powerhouse cab and said it could be discounted only because they were discontinued.
    A small shop a few towns away told me he had 1-115 Powerhouse cab that he could go down to $475 on only because Mesa Boogie lets him discount it due to the fact that line is being revamped. So maybe it will keep the Powerhouse name but make substantial changes. But there are 2 different dealers telling me the same story on the Mesa stuff.
  5. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Yeah, I bought a new "Black Beauty" for $499.99 at Guitar Center in California last Memorial Day, three weeks ago.

The story I got was that GC was dropping the high-end SWR stuff, but they were not discontinued. I have no idea if that's true or not.