Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Black Beauty?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, Feb 18, 2002.

1. I can't help but notice the ads for the SWR black beauty at the bottom of the page. So are these available yet? ... because it looks pretty sweet for a combo. It will probably be expensive as **** though...

2. Musicians friend wants a grand for it. If you were to work your local dealer you could maybe get ot for 950

heres the link

Black Beauty (no, not the horse)

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Man, that has got to be one sweet combo. An SWR Professional 1x15 combo with 350 watts and a tweeter... you can't go wrong!!!

That thing just might sound even better than the Super Redhead. Holy God... I gotta try this thing out! :D

4. I know, it sounds great! I don't have enough money to buy it now, but I think I'll be able to buy it by next year, if all goes well..

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The Black Beauty is not new to the SWR line. Maybe this is beefed up, I don't know. In fact, I haven't followed the SWR line for quite some time.

But, I remember around 1992 or 1993 I was seriously looking at the Black Beauty. It sounded absolutely phenomenal, particularly when paired with a 2x10. It's really warm and fat sounding;)

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    You're confusing it with the older Basic Black. This model has much more power and better grade speakers .