swr black beauty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockStar571, Jul 23, 2002.

1. i've currently got a pre-gibson 1215 trace elliot 1x15 combo with the 1153 1x15 extention cab but i'm thinking about selling it to go with the swr black beauty and getting an swr extention cab...i play alot of slap stuff (flea style yo.) what does everybody think? is it worth it?
  2. You currently own a 1x15 combo that puts out about 300 watts of TE bliss and you want to get rid of it and buy a SWR 1x15 combo that puts out about 350 watts, is that correct? The major difference is your current TE rig lacks a tweeter. Why not get rid of the cab and pick up a 2x10 with tweeter... your slap would be so much nicer and you wouldn't blow all your money buying the same basic rig again.

Besides, now ISN'T the time to sell TE equipment. With them moving/going out of business/restructuring or whatever their stuff can be had for a pitance.
  3. hmm yeah i suppose a horn would really give me more of the sound i'm looking for didn't trace used to make a hf horn cab that had just a horn in it?
  4. It's just not the horn though, the 10's would tighten up you sound too by giving you a faster attack while the 15 would keep your bottom really solid.

If you can afford it, try an Eden 2x10 with your current combo. I'm willing to bet you'd be one happy camper! :D
  5. thanks for the advice i'll greatly consider it
  6. BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    TE has an extension cab that consists of 4 small speakers inside the enclosure (not sure what size)
    I think they are 3" dia. This would give you the snap your looking for