swr cab for peavey extention?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Oct 1, 2004.

1. OK, i have a peavey tnt 115, it puts out 150 watts normally, but i can put in another 200, so for a add on cab for it, i was thinking about this: WorkingmanÂ’s 2x10T Speaker Cabinet http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/602028/

I've noticed on musicians friend it has all 10's and i used it at gc and it sounded pretty good, so my question is, should i get it, and it will work with my peavey tnt 115 right?

2. It will work... but I don't know if your amp will put out the full 200 since it will only be a 2.67 ohm load.
    But i would try it together before buying, just to make sure it sounds good to you.
  3. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I agree. Take your TNT into GuitarCenter and just try it out. Call them first and make sure they know you're bringing it, but in my experience they're totally relaxed about that kind of stuff. Last time I went my guitarist brought his full half stack rig and tried out pedals for about 45 minutes.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if your TNT can safely power a 2 ohm load i wouldnt be concerned with the load only being 2.67 ohms.
    Is the speaker in your tnt 8 ohms or 4 ohms? and what about the wm 210?
    definitely try everything out 1st and...........
    consider used, look around and see if anyone has used bass cabinets for sale.
  5. not where i live :(
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You don't get an extra 200w with the ext. cabinet... you only get an extra 50.

The peavey TNT is a 4-ohm combo... 150w at 4 ohm, that is. So adding the 2x10 makes it a 2 ohm load, and 200w.