swr cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Mar 26, 2001.

1. to settle an argument with someone, does anyone know much about the goliath II? price, when it was made, the colour & kind of grill on it etc...

2. It's still being made.
    It's got a chrome grill.
    About $799US.
    And if my memory serves me right it was a grey colour or greyish green but thats going by my crappy memory.
    If it doesn't settle your argument you can always biff him in the noggin! :)
  3. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    There are a few differences between the Goliath II and Goliath III.One is cosmetic;the grille is chrome plated and has different shaped openings on the III.The other is mechanical;the drivers in the III are made by PAS whereas the II and I's drivers were designed by the gentleman whose name escapes me who makes Eden gear these days.
  4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I you go the SWR's web site, they have exactly what years the Goliath, Goliath II and Goliath III were / are made. Also, what the differences are.

5. thanx a lot i will check it out
  6. thanx looks to me like it is not 7 months like he said!
    what do you think its worth? he wants $785 canadian - not like I'd pay that it was used with a band on the road too, and has a crappy grill. any one have a pic? just to really annoy him?

ha ha ha thanx
  7. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Actually the Goliath II is out of production. I bought a Goliath III last year and I must say I think it is the best 4 X 10 avalible. It is pretty heavy though.

I don't know what the improvements were over the II.
  8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Hey my goliath ii is black!
  9. bassguy187

Jun 27, 2000
    Nazo, PA
    i have a goliath 2 cab
    it plays like a dream,
    i played a goliath 3 i didn't really notice a difference,
    i guess they're just the newer model with changes in cosmetics and minor internal stuff,