Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR discontinues Workingman 12,15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FireBug, Jan 12, 2006.

1. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Check Musiciansfriend.com. What gives? SWR must have something else in the works.

Does anyone have any news? Will they be at NAMM?

2. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    More of Fender dismantling SWR. Fender now makes Fender, Sunn, SWR and a new budget line of amps. How much stuff do they need to make. I think the SWR aura is beginning to fade and Fender realizes they can't command big bucks for a cachet that is no longer there.

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Pure speculation here, but my guess is that SWR will slap the "WorkingPro" label on the combos, as it did with the heads and cabs. Hopefully the name change would come with functional upgrades too.

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    That is weak! Fender shouldn't have touched SWR's line! :( I love SWR.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Fender doesn't make Sunn anymore. They folded the line.

They rebadged Sunn's best Amp as a Fender amp now.

6. I read this thread earlier & just got home with a Workingman's 2x10C combo for $499. I brought in the Musician's Friend ad and had 'em match it... can't beat that with a stick. Except for the tax... wish I could've had them hack off the tax, but still... quite a price for that combo.

'Course, now i sadly have to unload my Ampeg B-100R, but such is the price of amp upgrades...

7. oh well, I have one of the sorta earlier model Workingman 15s with the red badge (not stripe), it has served me well, but has now been relegated to home practice/acoustic shows amp... It still fights tough though!