swr full stacks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jerryoram, Aug 5, 2002.

1. jerryoram

Feb 7, 2001
    musicians friend has 3 full stack packages offered which one??
  2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    the one behind door number 2.

Can you post a link or details, please?
  3. jerryoram

Feb 7, 2001
    each stack offers different wattages from 200 to 400,different speaker options on thier workingman stacks.All 3 are in my price range but which one?
  4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Basically you're looking at small/medium/large stacks, so it's really up to you to decide which one will do the job.

You have to establish:

What kind of music (metal, punk, etc require a louder setup than jazz for example)

What kind of venues (coffee houses? smal clubs? auditoriums?)

How much flexibility do you want?

That said, I personally would go for the 400 watter because it will give you more headroom, if not volume. As for cabs, I personally favor 410's and no 15's so none of those choices really appeal to me.
  5. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    if you're going with a workingman's rig, make sure to get the 4004 head instead of the 2004. but for as much as $1250, you might consider a 'pro' level head and one 410 cab.

www.carvin.com has complete rigs in that price range you might want to look at.
  6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Have you considered used gear? Much more bang for the buck. I got my SWR SM-400S(pro SWR gear, not Workingman's) for $500, and it makes 550 watts @4 ohms and 250watts x2@ 4 ohms.