Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Goliath I 4x10 (Serial #0047) - Yippee!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mister Ex, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Mister Ex

Mister Ex

Feb 23, 2003
    :hyper:

Lucky score at local bassitorium - original Goliath I in great shape. It sounds really good, as I had heard it would. Does anyone have experience with these cabs? I sometimes hear the word 'legendary' attached to these cabs, but is that just mystique? I'd love to hear any stories, facts, etc.

Thanks,

Mister Ex

2. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    hmm. the goliath 1 is the only one i haven't played out of. I'm not crazy about the III, but I have a II and it sounds as good as any 4x10 I've ever tried. But why, oh why didn't it come with casters?!

3. I've got two cabs from the II series. At the time I lived and practiced on 3rd floor of a walkup, and I really didn't like carrying the cab up the big ol' flight o' stairs, then back around and up another flight and to the studio. No casters was not happening, I spent the $15 or whatever for the Ernie Ball casters, went to town with the drill and viola! A large weight lifted from my back!

I've had to replace 1 or 2 of the original casters (90 lbs is a lot for 4 rubber wheels), but it was the best decision I made regarding those cabs.